PM Daksh Portal has introduced by the central govt to simplify the application process of all skill development related Scheme. Through ‘PM-DAKSH’ Portal, all information related to skill development are available at one place for Scheduled Castes, Backward Classes and Safai Karamcharis.
Union Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment Dr. Virendra Kumar launched ‘PM-DAKSH’ Portal and ‘PM-DAKSH’ Mobile App, developed by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, in collaboration with NeGD.
On 7th August 2021 Union Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment Dr. Virendra Kumar said. “Today, I am feeling proud to launch this portal and Mobile App for the public use. Keeping in view the usefulness and practicality of any suggestions received related to the implementation of this portal, this Ministry will make necessary improvements so that this portal can become more useful and beneficial for the target groups enabling them to be skilled and become self-reliant by availing opportunities related to self-employment or wage-employment,”
What is the Full Form of PM Daksh
Full Form of PM Daksh is Pradhan Mantri Dakshta Aur Kushalta Sampann Hitgrahi.
Features of PM PM Daksh Portal
- Availability of all information related to skill development at one place for Scheduled Castes, Backward Classes and Safai Karamcharis.
- Facility to register for the training institute and program of their interest.
- Facility to upload desired documents related to personal information.
- Facility to register the attendance of the trainees through face and eye scanning during the training period.
- Monitoring facility through photo and video clip during training etc
Objective of PM Daksh Portal
The Main Objective of this PM Daksh Portal is to make the skill development schemes accessible to the target groups. Through these portal and app the youth of the target groups will now be able to avail the benefits of skill development training programmes more easily.
The Pradhan Mantri Dakshta Aur Kushalta Sampann Hitgrahi (PM-DAKSH) Yojana is being implemented by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment from the year 2020-21. Under this Yojana, eligible target group are being provided skill development training programmes on
- Short Term Training Programme
- Long Term Training Programme and
- Entrepreneurship Development Program (EDP).
- These training programs are being implemented through Government Training Institutes, Sector Skill Councils constituted by the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship and other credible institutions.
PM Daksh Yojana Latest Update
Skill development training has been imparted to 2,73,152 persons of target groups in the last five years
During the year 2021-22, a target has been set to provide skill development training to approximately 50,000 persons of the target groups
Elegible Category under PM Daksh Yojana
marginalized persons of SC, OBC, EBC, DNT, Sanitation workers including waste pickers, manual scavengers, transgenders and other similar categories
Types of Skilling Programmes in PM Daksh Scheme
Up-skilling/Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
- Main Targeted Category in this training programme is Marginal rural artisans belonging to SC/OBC/EBC/DNT categories and other such entrepreneurs in addition to sanitation workers, waste pickers and their dependant who constitute the bottom of the pyramid
- Period of Training : The duration of the training programmes will be 32 to 80 hours
- The training cost will be limited to extent of Common Cost Norms (CCN) as applicable from time to time. As the trainees are already employed, they will be paid Rs.2500/- per person per programme, in the form of stipend,
Short Term Courses (focus on self employment)
- Most disempowered groups belonging to SC/OBC/EBC/DNT and Sanitation Workers/Manual Scavengers/Waste Pickers (including dependents) categories who are illiterate/semi-illiterate and unemployed. Special focus on women, members of the transgender and beggars communities etc – with primary objective of training and providing assistance to start self-employment venture.
- Period of Training: The duration of the training programmes will be normally 200 hours to 600 hours and upto 5 months.
- Training Cost: For non-residential training programmes, the trainees will be paid stipend (compensation of transportation charges), @ Rs.1500/- per month for SC candidates, Rs.1000/- per month to OBCs/EBCs/DNTs and Rs.1500/- per month to Sanitation Workers (including waste pickers) and their dependents.
Registration Process of PM Daksh Portal
How to Apply in PM Daksh Portal ? Following Process may help.
- At first go to the official website of PM Daksh Potal official Page.
- At the homepage, click at the “Candidate Registration”
- Fill the Following Details
- Name of Trainee
- Father’s/Husband’s Name
- Date of Birth
- Address with PIN Code
- Educational Qualification
- Upload Image
- Upload Bank Pass Book
- Enter Mobile No.
- Enter OTP and Click Next